KARACHI:(APS)Dec2,2015- Sindh minister and prominent PPP leader Sharjeel Inam Memon has been dismissed from the post of Minister for Works, Services and Archives on Wednesday.
A notification in this regard has been issued.
“In exercise of powers conferred under clause 3 of Article 132 of the Constitution, on the recommendation of Sindh CM and approval of Sindh Governor, the status of Sharjeel Inam Memon as Sindh provincial minister is hereby de-notified with immediate effect.”
The Sindh minister previously held the position of the provincial information minister before he was replaced by senior PPP leader Nisar Khuhro in July this year.
Memon’s portfolio was later reshuffled in August, he continued to hold the portfolio of the archives and local government departments and was given the additional charge of the works and services department.
He has reportedly not been in the country for the past few months with some reports suggesting that he has been living between London and Dubai.
Khuhro said in an interview last week that Memon’s name has been included in the exit control list (ECL), adding that he had not been booked in any criminal case.
The announcement to sack the provincial minister comes at the conclusion of a five-hour long Sindh apex committee meeting.
Adviser to Chief Minister on Information Maula Bux Chandio while briefing the media after the meeting confirmed that the PPP leader Memon has been stripped off his ministries. “He is a minister no more,” Chandio said.