ISLAMABAD: (APS) April 30,2017– Former Principal Information Officer Rao Tehsin has on Sunday announced that he’ll challenge his sacking in the court. Rao Tehsin had been removed as a result of the recommendations by the Dawn Leaks inquiry committee, reported APS News.
Talking to a private tv channel, Rao Tehsin said that he had never been a part of anything detrimental to his patriotism or his own professionalism. He added that he considered himself subservient to the constitution, law and the government orders.
Rao Tehsin said that it was government’s prerogative to remove him from the position but he will challenge the commission on whose report he had been removed.
“I should be informed how and on what basis the decision was taken. There was not a single person in the committee belonging to the media”, he said.